Monday, December 31, 2012

2012-2013

I rang in 2012 in Piazza San Marco in Venice, Italy.  During the remainder of the year, I taught my first workshops in Brazil, I chaperoned 40 teenagers in Israel for three weeks, and I returned to Italy for two more weeks.  I worked my ninth summer as Director of Dance at Camp Alonim, I got un-engaged, I drove cross-country, and I arrived in Florida in time to help nurse my mom through quintuple bypass surgery.  My road trips took me to and through 21 states in the last three months of the year (and a district and a province!), and I'll watch the calendar turn over with a dear friend in Panama City, Panama.  I turned 35, I dragged a friend through a half-marathon on a whim, I saw the President.  I learned many things, including just how many amazing friends I have all over this country.  As Lewis would say, Dear 2013:  You have some pretty big shoes to fill, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for me.  

Happy New Year Everyone!  

No comments: